Introducing the Horizon FD85
At the shipyard of Horizon Yachts, one of the most advantaged shipyards for tailor made motor yachts worldwide, there is a unique new yacht type under construction. In order to stand out from the crowd a completely different design concept was chosen.
A displacement type hull did not come into consideration because of the speed limitations this type of hull offers. Through the years we at Horizon Yachts learned that many yacht owners are happy to cruise at 12-15 knots (even if their yachts can do more). This kind of speed is not achievable with large volume and heavy motor yachts with a displacement type hull of about 24 meters. From experience high speeds are not always on the wish list of the sensible and experienced yacht owner, with a maximum speed of 18 knots being fast enough.
This triggered us to study different hull shapes and combine the advantages of a displacement hull and a planning hull. The result is an optimised hull form which we now call a FAST DISPLACEMENT HULL.
We are very proud to introduce this type of hull for our new FD Series, starting with the new Horizon FD85, designed by Cor D. Rover design studios from the Netherlands.
The construction of the FD85 is already underway and will be presented live to the public and the media next spring.
The first hull was released from the mould only a few weeks ago. The superstructure is also in place. Besides the new economically low resistance hull shape, the main characteristics for this model are:
– Registered length to be 24 meters
– 40 m² multi-purpose area (lounging/seating/Jacuzzi/pool/tenders /toys) on the aft decks
– 54 m² multi-purpose area (sunbathing/lounging/seating/Jacuzzi/tenders/toys) on the upper- and sundeck
– One level aft deck/salon/dinning “open view”
– Master cabin to be full width at main deck level and with almost panoramic views at the same time providing privacy for the owner
– 4 further VIP cabins en-suite
– Raised pilothouse version to grant privacy for owner and guests
– Great crew accommodation
– Semi-custom construction allows adjusting to customers’ requirements
If you are looking for a real understatement motor yacht, built according the highest standards by the best craftsmen and using the finest materials available, we are ready to take orders for this great new Horizon FD85 concept yacht. As this will probably be the largest 85 footer on the market, do not hesitate to secure your building slot early, as these will be limited.
As you might have gathered, we are very proud of this new yacht design and we look forward to working with our clients to concept and build their ideal yacht!
If you would like to discuss your FD85 with us, or anything else please don’t hesitate to get in touch.