Horizon FD85 first sea trials
Now it is done! The first yacht of the new Horizon FD85 Fast Displacement Series is close to completion and has passed first test drives successfully. Doesn’t she look spectacular and impressive?
Modern, stylish lines, creative interiors, large floor to ceiling windows, an enormous space and flexible travel speeds – these are the core features of the new Horizon FD85 Fast Displacement Motor Yacht. The exterior and interior layout of the FD85 were developed to draw the full benefits from their beam of approximately 7.07 m, with separate areas for entertainment, relax and enjoy the surroundings.
A total of five en-suite guest cabins are on board – a master cabin on the main deck, which extends over the entire beam of the ship, four guest cabins (including 2x VIP) on the lower deck – and a crew area with 2 cabins and galley in front of the engine room.
The FD85 is a really advanced mid-range motor yacht that combines innovative design with functional living and spacious entertainment areas and her space is comparable with most over 100 feet large yachts.
During the first tests, the performance of the FD85 was completely convincing, because the targeted 17-18 knots were easily reached with relatively small engines, and so the concept of a fast displacement hull is very successful.
The Horizon FD85 is built according to standard CE-A for yachts up to 24 m in length, which is a critical limit for many registrations and driving licenses. And even no compromises are made with the equipment, so for example Zero Speed Stabilizer, a hydraulic Hi-Lo platform, 2 generators, air conditioning, Jacuzzi, crane, lateral salon and bulwark doors, hardtop roof, etc. already belong to the standard equipment.
By Cor D. Rover Design Studio from the Netherlands designed FD85 will celebrate its world premiere at the 2016 Taiwan International Boat Show from 10 to 13 March 2016 in Kaohsiung, as planned.
Here again the main features:
• Registry length of 24 meters
• 40 m² multi-purpose area (for lounging, seating, Jacuzzi, pool, tenders, toys) on the aft deck
• 54 m² multi-purpose area (for sunbeds, lounging, seating, Jacuzzi, tenders, toys) on the upper- and sundeck
• Aft deck, lounge and dining area on one level with “open view”
• Master cabin over the full width of the ship on the main deck with a panoramic view, at the same time providing privacy for the owner
• 4 additional VIP cabins en-suite
• Raised pilot house guarantees privacy for the owner and his guests
• Great crew accomodation
• Semi-custom design allows adjustments to the requirements of customers